How to eliminate crashes in batch runs

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
mvcallaghan

How to eliminate crashes in batch runs

Post by mvcallaghan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have experience programming batch runs of Hydrus 1D so that the simulation continues past a model locked in a non-convergence loop? My problem is that everytime the model enters non-convergence in a run, the batch run gets stuck in a loop that requires manual stoppage. This is not ideal as it holds up the batch run and requires manual searching for the run that crashed.

The solution would be a means of having the run terminate upon non-convergence and start the next run in the batch. Ideally an error file would be generated to note which runs did not converge. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there perhaps a kill command for the Hydrus simulation upon non-convergence? I am running tens to hundreds of simulations at a time, and I often have convergence errors now on certain extreme climate and soil conditions. It sould be great to have the batch problem solved.

Cheers,

Mike

Mirek

Post by Mirek » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:14 pm

Mike,

I could modify the code for you so that it terminates when there is nonconvergence. However, I can not do that until the end of the August since I’m on a vacations until August 24. You would need to contact me after this date.

Jirka

mvcallaghan

Post by mvcallaghan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:58 pm

Thanks Jirka,

Enjoy your vacation! It would be be a great aid to my work if you were able to reprogram Hydrus to terminate on non-convergence. I'll contact you by e-mail at the beginning of September for an update.

I was also wondering if it would be an easy task to increase the allowable number of observation nodes to 100 instead of 10 in the source code?

Regards,

Mike

rajsekhar

Re: How to eliminate crashes in batch runs

Post by rajsekhar » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Mike,

I am also facing the same problem. Sometimes during non-convergence, program is not stopping on it's own can you please help me with that.