Hydrus COSMIC

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
rolandbaatz

Hydrus COSMIC

Post by rolandbaatz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi there,

I have to questions related to the Hydrus COSMIC module. I wish to use it, to optimize soil hydraulic parameters. I looked into the information, pdfs, projects, and executables at https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... lib-cosmic.

First question, running either of the three projects with Hydrus1D with "file" -> "open", does not produce a cosmic.out file, neither an inverse solution. Why?

Second question, what are the two executables H1D_calc and h1d_clci for? I placed them into the project_folders and into the folders, they generated the three files fort.70 fort.71 and fort.77.

Many thanks for looking into it,
Roland

Jirka

Re: Hydrus COSMIC

Post by Jirka » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:05 pm

Roland,

I have downloaded the exe files from the HYDRUS website, copied them into the HYDRUS1D folder, and then ran both Synthetic and SyntheticI projects from the HYDRUS-1D GUI. Everything has worked exactly as it should.

Thus you must be doing something wrong. Perhaps, start with placing these projects into the Direct Project group. Make sure that the H1D_calc.exe and h1d_clci.exe are indeed placed in the same folder as HYDRUS1D.exe.

J.

rolandbaatz

Post by rolandbaatz » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:03 am

Jirka,

great, it works now. Solution was the last line: Copy and replace the two executables in "same folder as HYDRUS1D.exe".
I suggest to add this in the describing PDF file.

Thank you, and cheers,
Roland

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Note that the last line in the PDF file directs you to FAQ4, which provides information on how to run these two modules (direct and inverse) both directly from the HYDRUS GUI and externally from any other location:
https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... q-01-10#k4
J.