How should i enter our data in HP1

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
mahdiahmadi71

How should i enter our data in HP1

Post by mahdiahmadi71 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi,
I want to use HP1 for heavy metal transport during soil profile, how should i enter my data and where. I couldn't do it with the example in the software itself.

please help and explain further to me.

Tanx

Jirka

Re: How should i enter our data in HP1

Post by Jirka » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:17 pm

HP1, contrary to the standard HYDRUS-1D module, does not have an inverse option, and thus you cannot enter measured concentrations. If you want to calibrate the HP1 module, you need to do it externally, e.g., using MATLAB, Python, or some specialized calibration software such as UCode or Pest. See an example, in which UCode was used to calibrate HP1 parameters:

Jacques, D., C. Smith, J. Šimůnek, and D. Smiles, Inverse optimization of hydraulic, solute transport, and cation exchange parameters using HP1 and UCODE to simulate cation exchange, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 142-143, 109-125, doi: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.2012.03.008, 2012.

J.

mahdiahmadi71

Post by mahdiahmadi71 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:44 pm

No, I don't want to use inverse method and estimate hydrulic parameters.

I have wastewater sample and a soil profile (and their heavy metals concentration), I would like to investigate what will happen to the concentration of heavy metals as a result of passing through soil sample.

i have problem in HP1 definitions step, how should i do it.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:36 am

Please note that we have posted a large number of examples and tutorials on the HYDRUS website on how to use HP1, e.g.,
https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... torials#k6

You can also check this document:
Jacques, D., and J. Šimůnek, Notes on HP1 – a software package for simulating variably-saturated water flow, heat transport, solute transport and biogeochemistry in porous media, HP1 Version 2.2, SCK•CEN-BLG-1068, Waste and Disposal, SCK•CEN, Mol, Belgium, 113 pp., 2010.
Posted on https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default.aspx?h1d-hp1