solute transport with different concentration in furrow, surface drip and subsurface drip

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
anilkumar

solute transport with different concentration in furrow, surface drip and subsurface drip

Post by anilkumar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

Hello everyone,

we need to simulate the solute transport (ECw-0.65, 2, 3, 4 and 5 dS/m), in black soils (texture clay), under this (HYDRUS-1D) how to create furrow and give the various input values, if anyone has done it kindly share the project.
where to give the concentration of solutes in solute input windows. we are modeling upto a depth of 90 cm and we have recorded observation at different depth like 0-15(@15cm Below Ground Level), and 15-30cm (30cm BGL).

Jirka

Re: solute transport with different concentration in furrow, surface drip and subsurface drip

Post by Jirka » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:06 pm

Note that one of the examples distributed with the HYDRUS software is “Furrow”. You can have a look at that one. Note that the same example is also used in one of the tutorials (posted on the HYDRUS website). Specifying initial solute concentration is trivial; I’m not going to describe how to do that (there is an entire Help topic on how to define initial conditions).

J.

anilkumar

Re: solute transport with different concentration in furrow, surface drip and subsurface drip

Post by anilkumar » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:47 am

thank you very much sir,
i did try that, but once again i will try

anilkumar

Post by anilkumar » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:07 am

what is pulse duration in solute transport window, does it mean the concentration of one level (ECw) irrigation timing

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:19 am

Let me copy here the text from help:
Pulse Duration: Time duration of the concentration pulse. Concentrations (flux or resident) along all boundaries, for which no time-variable boundary conditions are specified, are then set equal to zero for times larger than the "Pulse Duration".

J.