Storage of probe

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
elizabeth.ramirez.z

Storage of probe

Post by elizabeth.ramirez.z » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi,
I have a question. I want to compare the water storage between the simulation of "hidrus" and the actual measurement of the probe. So, I want to know what the methodology for "water storage in the soil".
I didn´t find more details in hydrus manual.

Jirka

Re: Storage of probe

Post by Jirka » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:27 pm

All reported values by HYDRUS related to water content and water storage are in volumetric units, i.e., [cm^3/cm^3] or [cm]. J.

elizabeth.ramirez.z

Post by elizabeth.ramirez.z » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:31 am

Maybe, I didn't express my question correctly.

I want to know how to calculate the "Storage of water in the soil" ... I know that the storage of water in the soil is an integral part of the volumetric content of water in depth. But for example, I have an observation node at 30 cm, and another at 50 cm. Then the water storage would be the value of water content at 30 cm and multiply it by the 30 cm it represents, and then the water content at 50 cm I multiply it by the 20 cm it represents ...
Or do I have to make an interpolation between the water contents at 30 cm and 50 cm, and then integrate every 1 cm?
This whole question is why I want to graph the Storage of water in the soil that i obtained from hydrus versus the storage of water in the soil measured with the sensors in my study site.

Beforehand thank you very much

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:33 pm

HYDRUS provides a graph of Soil Water Storage for the entire profile, as well as Soil Water Storage for different Subregions at Print Times in the Mass Balance Information output. J.
Attachments
Balance.png
Balance.png (44.01 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Storage.png
Storage.png (31.03 KiB) Viewed 1394 times