Question on the necessety of HP1 for my project and on the download web adress

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
biblionaut

Question on the necessety of HP1 for my project and on the download web adress

Post by biblionaut » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:03 am

Hello,

I want to use HP1 to modell the movement of salt water inside capillary tubes of different substrate, mostly to analyze the difference in rising heigth and ammount of salt precipitation.
I have some minor experience with Hydrus 1D and Phreeqc.
My question is: is HP1 capable of doing this ? i heard that it is a rather complex programm to get into, so i want to make sure its the right programm for the task.
I want to play around with HP1 regardless if it fits my project, but the adress http://www.sckcen.be/hp1 is not working. It only shows "The IP address for the website you requested could not be found." is there a new link to get HP1?

regards,
biblionaut

diederik

Re: Question on the necessety of HP1 for my project and on the download web adress

Post by diederik » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Dear,

if hydrus-1D can handle the water flow for your problem (capillary rise in a porous media), then HP1 can handle the geochemistry (calculating saturation index and mineral precipitation). To include the combined flow, transport and geochemistry, you indeed need to be familiar with the water flow and solute transport modules in HYDRUS and the definition of your geochemical model in PHREEQC. If so, implementation and running of HPx is straightforward.

sorry for the link, but it is not active anymore. HP1 is now included in the HYDRUS-1D program you can download from pc-progress,

Diederik