HP1 with gas diffusion

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
mmzam

HP1 with gas diffusion

Post by mmzam » Fri May 25, 2018 10:07 am

Hello Hydrus users,

I am completely new to Hydrus but I have extensively used reactive transport models in other platforms. I am also very familiar with Phreeqc and some other tools (e.g., pht3d) that are based on Phreeqc. However, I am thinking of getting myself familiarize with Hydrus as well (especially HPx). As a first start, I would like to go through the ARD banchmark examples from Mayer et al. (2015) [https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 015-9476-9] as I am currently dealing with a few ARD related problems.

My particular interest is to explore the new gas diffusion feature of HP1 as applied in the above paper.

I have downloaded a version of Hydrus-1D [version 4.16.0110] from the official website but I am not completely sure if this is the right version that includes the gas diffusion feature! Would anyone comment on this? In case I need some other special version to utilize that feature, I would appreciate if anybody can show me the ropes!

With best regards.

diederik

Re: HP1 with gas diffusion

Post by diederik » Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am

Dear,

the HP1 version in the HYDRUS version you obtain from PC-progress does not contain the most recent version for gas diffusion.

If you send me your email, I can provide you a link to a beta version with the most recent version of HP1

Diederik

mmzam

Post by mmzam » Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am

Dear Diederik,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Ok, for simplicity, here comes my private email address: muniruzzaman.gtk@gmail.com

I would appreciate if you can also provide me any installation instructions (if applies) or possible documentation (or any necessary basic steps) to use gas-diffusion option (if exists). It seems I could not find any updated information on this option in HP1 standard manual!

On a different note, does it mean that the gas diffusion option is only limited to HP1 and has not been implemented in HP2 yet?

mmzam

Post by mmzam » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:15 am

Dear Diederik,

Just to friendly remind you in case you forgot!