As(3)&As(5) lacking in HP1

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
xiaoziyi

As(3)&As(5) lacking in HP1

Post by xiaoziyi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:16 am

I need to study redox in the HP1. I am unable to enter As(3)&As(5) in the list of "HP1-Components". I do see As(3)&As(5) in the database files when opening as a text. But I can't see them in HP1-Components. Does there anyone have the same problem as mine? Need your help.

Jirka

Re: As(3)&As(5) lacking in HP1

Post by Jirka » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:16 am

In HP1, similarly as in PHREEQC, users can either select chemical species (such as As) and their reactions from included thermodynamic databases, or can define their own species and their reactions (e.g., using HP1 section "Additions to Thermodynamic Database, and using commands such as SOLUTION_MASTER_SPECIES, SOLUTION_SPECIES). Note that As species, and their reactions, are, for example, defined in the Wateq4d.dat (see below), llnl.dat and Minteq.dat thermodynamic databases. J.
Attachments
Wateq4f.png
Wateq4f.png (106.08 KiB) Viewed 2782 times

diederik

Re: As(3)&As(5) lacking in HP1

Post by diederik » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 am

Note also that the list in the graphical user interface only lists some of the most common component users usually use. If your specific component is not in the list, as is the case of As (or if you define a new component), you can also just type the component in the Component table.

Diederik