HP2 Drip domain

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
mirjam

HP2 Drip domain

Post by mirjam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:43 am

Hi,
I am working with HP2. I have field data from a drip fertigated soil. THis includes a time serie of water quality form 10 points surrounding the drip point.
I want to compare these data with HP2 simulations of PO4-,NH4 and NO3.
2Questions:
- I did some examples of the tutorial and found out they all work with Simple domain. However to creat a drippoint within a domain a General Domain is needed. Is it possible to create a source with a solution wihtin a Simple Domain (nodal recharge for example)?
- I 'd like to simulate NH4 and NO3 seperate from the database assigning them as new species. However I get an error: species not tabulated. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you for cooperation.
Mirjam

P.s. I simulated the examples of Hanson 2006. But this transport doesn't include pH differences in the soil.

Jirka

Re: HP2 Drip domain

Post by Jirka » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm

1. It should not matter whether you use Simple of General 2D domain. This is only a distinction in GUI, not the actual solvers. You should be able to use HP2 for all 2D geometries, including those for subsurface drip (e.g., our 3.02 - Subsurface Line Source tutorial).
2. You should be able to define new species in HP2 (e.g., NH4 and NO3). See several of our tutorials on that and the application by Toride and Chen (2013) - http://www.pc-progress.com/Documents/Wo ... d_Chen.pdf.