Convergence Error.

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
CristhelM

Convergence Error.

Post by CristhelM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Good morning. I am trying to simulate transport of 1mmol Cr(VI) in a column experiment that has initially a solution of 1mmol Fe(2).
The column is horizontal, the pressure heads start on zero then go to twenty cm, go back to zero and then reach 10 cm. .The initial water content is 1 and gradually goes to zero. I stablished my upper boundary condition as constant flux and the lower boundary condition as Variable Pressure Head.

My problem is, as soon as I finish the pre processing and want to run the program, it gives me this error and closes.

I hope you can help me identify my error.
Best regards,
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (61.09 KiB) Viewed 5637 times
Last edited by CristhelM on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirka

Re: Convergence Error.

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:19 pm

I assume that your (top, left) boundary condition should be inflow (negative number), while you likely specified outflow (positive number). J.

CristhelM

Post by CristhelM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Oh, thanks! that was totally it. I didn't notice it, sorry.
In the geometry information, even though I especify my simulation to be run horizontally, the graphical editor of the profile always appears vertical, is there a way I haven't noticed for it to appear horizontal?
One more question, I was wondering what are these colored lines on the pressure profile I got running the simulation I specified earlier on this thread.

Best regards,

Cristhel Leguizamón.
Attachments
Imagen3.png
Imagen3.png (59.63 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
Imagen2.png
Imagen2.png (57.08 KiB) Viewed 5625 times

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Cristhel,

HYDRUS-1D will always display the domain as vertical, even though the computational module can simulate the problem with any level of gravity (horizontal, vertical, etc). I will not be answering the second question about different lines in graph; you should certainly be able to figure this out.

I think that you should first focus only on water flow and only once you have a correct description of water flow, then you should add solute transport and reactions. To me, the description of flow conditions does not make any sense. For example, pressure head has to be continuous, it cannot jump as you described. Also, pressure heads and water contents are linked by the retention curve. How then can the pressure head jump from one value to next, while water content gradually decrease? Also, you cannot have unit water content. Etc. J.