HP1 source code

The HP1 code incorporates modules simulating
(1) transient water flow in variably-saturated media,
(2) transport of multiple components, and
(3) mixed equilibrium/kinetic geochemical reactions.
cristina

HP1 source code

Post by cristina » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 am

Dear Diederick,

is it possible to have access to the source code of the HP1?

I am working on a project on coupling an unsaturated model with Phreeqc to model wastewater transport and transformation in unsaturated zone (using Monod/Michaelis-Menten), and then verifying it with your HP1.

I will be grateful for any help,

Thanking you,

Regards,

Cristina

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am

Cristina,

For that you do not need a source code of HP1 (which we do not share). You can define your kinetic reactions as in input using short basic codes, similarly as you would do with PHREEQC.

Jirka

cristina

Post by cristina » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 am

Dear Jirka,

Thank you for the suggestion!

Regards,
Cristina

Pieter

Post by Pieter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 am

Dear Jirka,

I would like to use HP1 in a Linux environment. I tried installing the latest Hydrus1D version in Linux using WINE. But this did not work. Is it possible that I need to provide run-time for Visual Studio or any other development environment you used?

Alternatively I could compile everything for Linux myself but I read from the previous post that you do not release the source code for HP1? Would it be possible to release a linux-compatible version that is compiled using Intel Fortran or similar?

Your help would be much appreciated,

Best regards,

Pieter Jan

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I have no experience with Linux and thus that is not an option either. I will discuss with Diederik what we should do about this. But I do not see much of a reason why we should spend time to support Linux in addition to Windows. J.

Pieter

Post by Pieter » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 am

Dear Jirka,

thank you for the quick response.

Ok, I was just wondering if it would be possible to use the program in Linux. If this would raise too many issues, I can always use PHREEQC in a scenario analysis with simple advection-dispersion before looking into HP1 for more advanced options.

Best regards,

Pieter Jan