Improving Obs_Node water content/observed water content adjustment

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
luribar

Improving Obs_Node water content/observed water content adjustment

Post by luribar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi all,

I'm running HYDRUS 1D with the intention of validate Ke and Kcb, components of crop coefficient (Kc) calculated from remote sensing over avocado in central Chile.

I generated time series and regression plots (attached figures) between observed (soil moisture probe) and Obs_node water content from HYDRUS 1D at four observation points (10, 30, 50 and 80 cm depth) and i notice that exisit some correlation, now i want to improve de adjustment so i'm trying to change some values, for example the root distribution (a laboratory fellow told me that this variable is relevant in the water content output), but i do not find improvements, so my question is if somebody know or have an idea how can i improve the adjustment?

In the time serie plots, the pink line is the water content calculated by HYDRUS 1D and the blue one is the water content from the soil moisture probe.
Time_series_plots.png
pink line is the water content calculated by HYDRUS 1D and the blue one is the water content from the soil moisture probe
Time_series_plots.png (187.56 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
Regression_plots.png
Regression_plots.png (87.62 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

Best regards,

Jirka

Re: Improving Obs_Node water content/observed water content adjustment

Post by Jirka » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 pm

You should try the inverse mode of HYDRUS-1D, which allows you to calibrate the soil hydraulic parameters against the observe data. J.

luribar

Re: Improving Obs_Node water content/observed water content adjustment

Post by luribar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 pm

thank you very much for your answer