Execution not appearing to take place

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
theoden

Execution not appearing to take place

Post by theoden » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:14 am

I am trying to learn Hydrus 1-D with help of the tutorial provided on this website. At the moment I have worked my way through the first example ("Infiltration of water into a soil profile") up until the point where I should execute it. According to the tutorial I should get a DOS window with runtime information and then the option to push "enter" after it has finished. Then it is supposed to display the post-processing info.

My problem is that I don't get any of this. The DOS window appear for a short short time and then closes automatically, and then only the pre-processing window is filled, the post-processing window is empty.

What am I doing wrong? It was a pretty simple tutorial, with most steps just including accepting the default values, so I cannot really see where I might have messed up. Is there an easy fix to this?

Edit:
Now I'm even more confused. When I look in the inventories where the file should exist I cannot find it. When I browse my inventories in Hydrus it appears as if the file "Example 1.h1d" should be located in Windows (C:)/Program (x86)/PC-Progress/Hydrus-1D 4.xx but when I browse that inventory outside Hydrus I cannot find the file there.

Could this be the issue?

I have tried both restarting and reinstalling the program.

Edit 2:
SOLVED! Apparently I had to run the whole program as admin, otherwise none of the files/folders I created were created...

Jirka

Re: Execution not appearing to take place

Post by Jirka » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Note that if you keep the default settings, HYDRUS will be creating new projects in the "Documents" part of the memory on the hard drive, which is accessible to all users. However, if you ask HYDRUS to create new projects in the area restricted only to administrators (e.g., Windows (C:)/Program (x86)/), then you will need to have administrative rights. J.

theoden

Re: Execution not appearing to take place

Post by theoden » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:59 pm

That sounds reasonable. I will bring this knowledge with me! :)