Activating C-Ride model in 1D

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
tiffnk

Activating C-Ride model in 1D

Post by tiffnk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 pm

I am attempting to create a hydrus 1D project (simple column experiment) with C-Ride activated. I downloaded and copied the appropriate c-ride 1D executables into the same folder as the other hydrus modules. In the manual for 1D C-Ride, it states that a variable "lCFSTr" needs to be manually changed to "t" in the SELECTOR.IN file. However, this variable doesn't seem to exist in any of the 1D C=Ride example files, nor does it exist when I create my own project and select the necessary options in Figure 4 of the 1D manual. Does this variable no longer need to be changed to "t" to get the C-Ride module to work in 1D?

Thanks!!

Jirka

Re: Activating C-Ride model in 1D

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 pm

It must, otherwise the GUI will run the standard module, rather than the C-Ride (h1d_cftr.exe) module. I have looked at the example, and this variable is indeed set to "t". It is on the line, which starts with iNonEqul (=3), the tenth logical variable. J.

tiffnk

Post by tiffnk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Jirka, I checked the input file again (example Test02b, Test03a), and the tenth logical variable set to "t" is called "lDummy" not "lCFTSr" as notated in the manual. Is this the same? Does the name of the variable not matter? It looks like in some of the examples (Test05) there is a variable called "lCFTr" set to "t", is this also the same?

Also in example Test05, there is another variable "lDummy" set to "t", what is this variable enabling?

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm

What is written on comment lines is completely irrelevant; only data lines are important. The lCFSTr variable is read only by GUI so that it knows which module to run. Only the first six variables on this line are read by the computational module as described in the HYDRUS-1D manual (and the variable you refer to is irrelevant). J.

tiffnk

Post by tiffnk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Ok, thanks. So, to summarize, the tenth logical variable on this line always activates the C-Ride module? If I make a new project, I setup the project as usual (selecting Two Kinetic Sites Particle Transport, then changing number of solutes 3), then I save, close, change the tenth logical variable to "t" in SELECTOR.IN. When I re-open the project, I then get a pop-up (attached as a picture here) which is called "Colloid and Colloid Facilitated Transport Parameters." Do I then need to check the first box? What would happen if I didn't check that box?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Colloid Facilitated Transport Pop-up
Capture.PNG (36.85 KiB) Viewed 1760 times

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:27 pm

I think you can ignore this window. This was for the earlier version of the Colloid-Facilitated solute transport module (https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... d-lib-cftr), which I do not support any longer. We have likely either forgot to remove this window, or it is used when you download the earlier version of the Colloid-Facilitated solute transport module. I do not remember anymore. J.

tiffnk

Post by tiffnk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Thanks, Jirka. Is the rest of the procedure (including the 10th dummy variable) accurate that I outlined above?

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 pm

I think that the instructions in the manual and posted examples should provide you with all information you may need. I always try to provide the guidance this way. I know that others have successfully used this model using this information. J.

diptodeb

Post by diptodeb » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:18 pm

Dear tiffnk Sir and Jiri Sir,
I have also faced a similar problem in executing colloid-facilitated transport. Whenever I am creating my own project the dialogue box regarding "colloid and Colloid facilitaed transport parameters" is not coming into picture. Kindly provide some guideline to enable that.
Thanking you.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:32 pm

How to activate the C-Ride module is described in detail in the accompanying C-Ride manual. J.