HYDRUS1D-MODFLOW

A discussion forum for old Hydrus-1D users.
mohammad

HYDRUS1D-MODFLOW

Post by mohammad » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:35 pm

Hi, I want to do a coupling simulation using the Hydrus-1D package for Modflow 2000.
I encountered a question regarding this issue, In the Hydrus-1D model according to the image I sent, a text file based on the conditions considered for the soil Profile can be exported as input for Modflow, is this text file sufficient to be added Modflow files directory and run modflow? Or Should changes be made to it? Are any other changes needed in this text file?
Attachments
question.JPG
question.JPG (30.02 KiB) Viewed 207 times

Jirka

Re: HYDRUS1D-MODFLOW

Post by Jirka » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:08 pm

You should read the help topic for this commend. This command creates HYDRUS input files for a special version of the HYDRUS package for MODFLOW as described by:

Seo, H. S., J. Šimůnek, and E. P. Poeter, Documentation of the HYDRUS Package for MODFLOW-2000, the U.S. Geological Survey Modular Ground-Water Model, GWMI 2007-01, Int. Ground Water Modeling Center, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, 96 p., 2007.

Twarakavi, N. K. C., J. Šimůnek, and H. S. Seo, Evaluating interactions between groundwater and vadose zone using HYDRUS-based flow package for MODFLOW, Vadose Zone Journal, doi:10.2136/VZJ2007.0082, Special Issue “Vadose Zone Modeling”, 7(2), 757-768, 2008a.

Twarakavi, N. K. C., J. Šimůnek, and S. Seo, A HYDRUS based approach for coupled modeling of vadose zone and ground water flow at different scales, In: J. Šimůnek and R. Kodešová (eds.), Proc. of The Second HYDRUS Workshop, March 28, 2008, Dept. of Soil Science and Geology, Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 47-53, 2008b.

and posted on the HYDRUS website.

Jirka