Read short period output in Hydrus-1D

A discussion forum for Hydrus-1D users.
rannu.bari@gmail.com

Read short period output in Hydrus-1D

Post by rannu.bari@gmail.com » Thu May 05, 2022 7:21 am

Hi,
I am doing long term (e.g.25 years) data simulation with Hydrus-1D. The output files are too big that I can't open whole file in excel as it exceeds the cells of excel. I know from the notepad, data can be divided into smaller parts and then convert into excel might work but that is also time consuming to copy such finer time steps.
However, can I check short time period output in between 25 years period in Hydrus-1D by fixing the duration (e.g. 2018-2022) and export that output?

Thank you.

Jirka

Re: Read short period output in Hydrus-1D

Post by Jirka » Thu May 05, 2022 1:57 pm

You can control the size of the output files using selections ni the Print/Output Information window. You can have some output printed at selected print times, and other at each time steps, after n time steps, or at a regular interval. J.

rannu.bari@gmail.com

Post by rannu.bari@gmail.com » Thu May 12, 2022 3:29 am

Hi Jirka,
Thank you.
I added some printing times (e.g. 2000 days, 4000 days) and the last printing time took the end of simulated years (e.g. 8000 days).

What I want is:
I will simulate for whole timing period with these printing times but I want to see output values for specific years only rather than getting all years data (that is large file and can't open in excel).
That means after simulation, I will set time to see output whatever I want randomly.
Sorry for my silly query.

Kind Regards,
Rahena

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Thu May 12, 2022 2:17 pm

I do not have another advice than using the HYDRUS print management from the Print/Output information window, which should be easy to understand. J.