Temperature specifications in Var. Bound. Cond.

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
George

Temperature specifications in Var. Bound. Cond.

Post by George » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:06 am

Hi,
another question regarding the temperature:
In HYDRUS 1D one can specify a temperature (tTop) and an amplitude of the temperature cycle at the soil surface (Ampl) in the variable boundary conditions table.
In HYDRUS 2D/3D two fields in the same table are availabe concerning temperature parameters: TValue1 and TValue2. Is this the same as in HYDRUS 1D (average temp. and amplitude) or is it something else? If the latter one, what should I specify here? Min and max temperatures? If not, how can I simulate the daily temperature amplitude in HYDRUS 2D/3D for each day individually?

Thank you!

George

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:24 pm

George,

The current version of HYDRUS (2D/3D) does not allow you to have different temperature amplitudes for different days (as is possible to do in HYDRUS-1D). The temperature amplitude specified in the "Heat Transport Parameters" dialog is superimposed on boundary temperatures (either TValue1 or TValue2).

Jirka

Brijesh

Re: Temperature specifications in Var. Bound. Cond.

Post by Brijesh » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Respected Sir,
I am simulating temperature under different tillage practices. But, I am confusing about Tvalue1 and Tvalue 2, as time variable boundary condition. How to determine these values for better simulation?
Thanking You in advance

Jirka

Re: Temperature specifications in Var. Bound. Cond.

Post by Jirka » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 pm

TValue1 and TValue2 are temperatures that can be used with time-variable boundary conditions. The code by default uses TValue1, but you can change it to TValue2. Thus, essentially, you can have two time-variable boundary conditions with different temperature values. J.