Filtration theory: How to see eta?

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
tjoudega

Filtration theory: How to see eta?

Post by tjoudega » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:38 am

Hello, I am running a transport model with CFT in 3 dimensions. It works quite well, but I would like to see the average eta (sticking efficiency) for my CFT model run. Or alternatively, I would like to see eta for specific observation points in the model. I am guessing that eta is calculated continuously for every time step (?), because it depends on flow rate, among other parameters. I hope there is a way to see this data? I could not find it in the results page for the model.

Thank you,
Thomas

Jirka

Re: Filtration theory: How to see eta?

Post by Jirka » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 am

The sticking efficiency coefficient, alpha, is directly an input into the model. The single-collector efficiency, eta, is indeed calculated at each time step in each FE node using the correlation equation 3.29 (Technical Manual). We do not print the value of eta into any output file and thus cannot display it. I do not see an easy way, other than calculating it manually based on flow rate, water contents, and quite a lot of other parameters. J.