Defining properties for a circle

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
ES_92

Defining properties for a circle

Post by ES_92 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:18 pm

Hello,

I am trying to define soil property for a circle boundary. But while defining I can not select the boundary of the circle. I created the surface for the rectangular domain. But the circle has open boundary. Do I need to subdivide the domain? How should I proceed in this case? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by ES_92 on Wed May 26, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirka

Re: Defining properties for a circle

Post by Jirka » Wed May 26, 2021 6:10 pm

Not sure what you are doing. You clearly specified a constant flux BC on the circle. If you want to assign some properties to the nodes defining the circle, you will likely need to switch to “Edit Properties on FE-Mesh”. J.

Mirek

Post by Mirek » Wed May 26, 2021 6:50 pm

I also don't know what the problem is. You can specify boundary conditions either directly on the mesh (at each node) or on geometric objects (boundary curves). If you need to divide a curve into several segments, it is very easy - see the attached picture. I think it would be useful for you to watch the video-tutorials - see https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... -tutorials
Circle.jpg
Circle.jpg (342.12 KiB) Viewed 282 times

ES_92

Post by ES_92 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello Prof. Jirka and Mirek,

My apology that I did not explain the problem properly. The circle is a porous pipe and I want to assign some value of hydraulic conductivity on the circle as it has low permeability.I assigned different material property on the rectangular domain and circular boundary. But after defining the material property on the circle, when I tried to impose a pressure head it gave me this error "curve 6 does not lie in the domain boundary". (model attached)
My question is if I want to include the pipe as a specific material with hydraulic conductivity is it possible to do it just by creating a circle? Or do I also have to include the thickness of the circular pipe?

How can I solve this issue? Thank you for very much for your time.
Attachments
H3D3_trial_obsnodes.zip
(239.58 KiB) Downloaded 13 times