evaporation

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
hydrus user bgm

evaporation

Post by hydrus user bgm » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:34 am

Hello, first of all, thank you very much for helping and answering the questions asked here. Your answers are very instructive for me. I am using the Hydrus 2D program. I simulate different lateral depths in underground drip irrigation. I enter different evaporation values ​​from Edit, Flow and transport parameters, 'variable boundary conditions' section. (values ​​approximately 1-3 cm / day). I've marked as atmospheric Boundary in the 'Boundary conditions' section. I entered the values ​​of irrigation, evaporation and precipitation on different days. The system works when I do not enter the evaporation values. However, when I enter the evaporation values, although the results are calculated and the results are obtained, the domain area looks red, although there was no irrigation and rainfall at first. Doesn't it have to be blue, ie at high pressure, since there is no irrigation and precipitation? If you can help me I would be very happy.

Jirka

Re: evaporation

Post by Jirka » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:24 pm

When you consider evaporation, the surface nodes likely have the pressure head equal to hCritA, which is usually about -150 m, i.e., very dry. That’s reflected by the color spectrum and the display. The surface nodes are likely blue (very dry, hCritA), while the rest of the domain is red, i.e., in the much wetter range (see the contours associated with each color). You should perhaps look at the water contents to get a better view of what’s going on. J.

hydrus user bgm

Re: evaporation

Post by hydrus user bgm » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I wish you good work