applying infiltration in a part of geometery

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
mahdiye.latifi76

applying infiltration in a part of geometery

Post by mahdiye.latifi76 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:29 am

hello, I'm simulating an interception drain by HYDRUS-2d. I want to apply 50 cm water infiltration just on up side of my drain. How can I apply this just in up side of my drain? while all of my boundary is atmospheric? I also tried to add this infiltration as precipitation but is applying on both upside and down side of my drain. could you please help me with this problem?
thank you

Jirka

Re: applying infiltration in a part of geometery

Post by Jirka » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:22 pm

You can use Time-Variable Flux BC on this part of the boundary. If you want to consider evaporation on this part of the boundary, you should include evaporation in the specified flux and use the Boundary Condition Option “Treat the time-variable flux BC as an atmospheric BC”.

J.

mahdiye.latifi76

Post by mahdiye.latifi76 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:30 am

Thank you for your help, but I have 2 time variable boundary condition beside the one that you said. if I use the BC option(treat the time variable boundary fluxes as the atmospheric), all of my time variable BC would considered? how can I use this option for just one of the three time variable boundary conditions?

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:20 pm

The option will be applied to all of them. I do not see why that should be a problem, i.e., why you would not want to have these constraints, which eventually needs to lead to unphysical conditions and the model crash. J.