Re- FAQ 11: Running Computational Modules in a Batch

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
liyanet

Re- FAQ 11: Running Computational Modules in a Batch

Post by liyanet » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:46 pm

This a follow up question to FAQ 11: Running Computational Modules in a Batch (https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... -faq-11-20 )

It states “One needs to prepare a batch file (e.g., run.bat) and files describing paths (e.g., path1, path2, etc) to project folders (to be run) in advance. One needs to copy these files into the program folder …”

1. Are the path1 & path2 files .txt format or another? And does naming matter?
2. File location for run.bat file and both path files (path1 & path2) is the same folder as h2d_calc.exe correct?

I am asking these questions because I am getting the following error “Folder with input data of the specified project does not exist or pathway is to
o long or corrupted LEVEL_01.DIR”

Appreciate your help in advance!
-L

Jirka

Re: Re- FAQ 11: Running Computational Modules in a Batch

Post by Jirka » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Start according to FAQ 4, i.e., with a single project, before running projects in a batch. Test it first at a desktop, before moving to a network, etc. J.

liyanet

Post by liyanet » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:57 pm

Thanks Jirka.

I have run Hydrus outside GUI before and it works fine. My issue is running in batch.

As per the example, let's say we have two files I want to run simultaneously. I have exported all input files in their respective permanent folder. I then created the three files below and saved them in the same folder as h2d_calc.exe

path1.txt file:

C:\Users\liya\Dropbox\HYDRUS 3.x 64-bit\Projects\Run_test\Run1

path2.txt file:

C:\Users\liya\Dropbox\HYDRUS 3.x 64-bit\Projects\Run_test\Run2

run.bat file:
copy path1 level_01.dir
h2d_calc
copy path2 level_01.dir
h2d_calc

I am assuming level_01.dir would be created for both Run 1 and Run 2 using the path files. What am I missing? I still get the same error running it from local desktop.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:55 am

This is not an issue of HYDRUS anymore. HYDRUS cares only about the working folder and the level_01.dir file with the path to the working folder. The error you get indicates that HYDRUS cannot find one or the other. J.