Problem with running the model

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
sarague

Problem with running the model

Post by sarague » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am

Hi there.
I have a problem with my model, while running it always stops at some certain value. I have variable boundary conditions, for 20 days, I descritizised it as it is shown in the figure below. Also the results should appear for all the 20 days. And I tried to change many parameters but everytime it doesn't work.
I'm working in this project with 2 other people, and one of my collegues doesn't face same problem. While me and the other collegue have same problem. The simulation only works for a short period of time and then the results appear from 0 to 0.005 days or at maximum 1 day.
What is the solution?
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (33.19 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (25.11 KiB) Viewed 652 times

Jirka

Re: Problem with running the model

Post by Jirka » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:32 pm

Based on the information that you provided, it is difficult to say what may go wrong. Are you changing the pressure head at one boundary in steps from positive to negative values? From 21 m to -1 m to 18 m to -1 m? Is that realistic?

Typically, the problems are with the temporal or spatial discretization. You may want to read FAQ 8:
http://www.pc-progress.com/Documents/No ... zation.pdf

sarague

Re: Problem with running the model

Post by sarague » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:57 am

Hey Jirka, Thank you for the reply.
Actually we have an intermittant infiltration from a well. so we have to recharge for 1 hour and after that there is a drying period. That's why it's changing from positive to negative values.