Problem with Neural Network

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
David Radcliffe

Problem with Neural Network

Post by David Radcliffe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Unless I'm making some mistake, I have found a problem with the Neural Network predictions in the last few months. If I select Neural Network in the Water Flow Parameters window, check the "Textural Classes" button, and then click on the Textural Class I want in the Input section, I will see what I think are the correct parameters in the Output section. But when I click on Predict in the Output section they change to values that I think are wrong (this is not just a units issue, it happens with theta-s, theta-r, and n). It seems to always predict the Clay Loam parameters.
Attachments
Neural Network Problem.docx
(42.74 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Jirka

Re: Problem with Neural Network

Post by Jirka » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:04 pm

David,

The “Predict” button in the “Pedotransfer Function” dialog window should be disabled when “Textural Classes” are selected. When this option is selected, the VG soil hydraulic parameters are provided immediately after the Textural Class is selected from the list box (and there is thus no need to click on the “Predict” button).

Thanks for letting us know about this bug. I will ask people in our Prague office to disable the “Predict” button when the “Textural Classes” model is selected.

J.