Root growth model

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
SuryaTV

Root growth model

Post by SuryaTV » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 am

Sir,
I am doing research on vertical flow constructed wetlands. For that, I need root growth model. I am using HYDRUS 2D model for simulation. Currently root uptake model is available for me. From the PC Progress website, I understood that root growth computational model can be incorporated in the model. I have downloaded that and copied in the HYDRUS installation folder. But I couldn't run that file. Can anyone provide the procedure for doing that.

Thanks & Regards,
Surya T. V.

Jirka

Re: Root growth model

Post by Jirka » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 pm

The root growth module (as described in Šimůnek et al., 2018) is currently available only in the standard HYDRUS modules. It is not available in the add-on modules, such as UnsatChem or Wetland. We can add it on our list for the next release (which can be available in a couple of months). J.

Šimůnek, J., M. Šejna, and M. Th. van Genuchten, New features of version 3 of the HYDRUS (2D/3D) computer software package, Journal of Hydrology and Hydromechanics, 66(2), 133-142, doi: 10.1515/johh-2017-0050, 2018.

SuryaTV

Re: Root growth model

Post by SuryaTV » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 am

Dera Jirka,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will try any alternate solutions.

Thanks&Regards,
Surya T. V.