problem in hydrus program

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
AYAD

problem in hydrus program

Post by AYAD » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:46 pm

To whom it may concern,

I have a problem in using the program, where I simulate the movement and distribution of water in a soil composed of three layers (sand, mix, and clay), whene I have a program application, Note that the program selects a value for the initial moisture content of 0.25. Here there is no problem in showing the results. But when the value of moisture content is changed by less than this value according to the laboratory tests of the soil used in the laboratory experiments where in this case I do not show the result of the program, please help me and thank you
Eyad

Mirek

Re: problem in hydrus program

Post by Mirek » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:25 am

Eyad, just two comments:

1/ Please do not open multiple topics for one question (I have deleted your two previous topics regarding the same thing).

2/ If HYDRUS does not display results, the calculation probably did not converge (or crashed), which may be caused by many reasons. For example: insufficiently fine discretization, incorrect input data, etc. We can hardly help you without more detailed information about your project. If you zip your project and add it as an attachment, maybe someone will have a look at it.

M.