Inverse Solution - "Error when writing to an output File"

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
mortsde

Inverse Solution - "Error when writing to an output File"

Post by mortsde » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 am

Hi again Jirka and Mirek,
My error - when I go to perform an inverse solution optimization, I receive an error "Error when writing to an output file!" (shown by Capture.png)

Problem - I'm attempting to optimize based on measured water content data within the soil. I'm modeling a 2d slice.

Background:
1. If i set the number of iterations to 0, I can successfully see the observation data (shown by Capture1.png)
2. The selected observation is at Obs Node 3; however, I've tried for the entire domain (criteria to 0) and to other observation nodes without success.
3. I'm using Hydrus 3d version 3.01.1460.
4. I've verified that the file is correctly located in the project manager options, to rule out something related to path location.

I get the feeling I'm overlooking something obvious....

Thanks again!
Attachments
junk - Copy.zip
(97.84 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (47.43 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.17 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Jirka

Re: Inverse Solution - "Error when writing to an output File"

Post by Jirka » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:36 am

While I have never experienced this problem, I have heard that some people could resolve this problem by simply running HYDRUS as administrator. Click on the HYDRUS icon with the right mouse button and from the popup menu select "Run as Administrator".

I have noticed that you have very different initial condition than measured data. You may want to start with h=-50.

I would also suggest to use finer discretization in the vertical direction (at most 5 cm). You can increase the anisotropy of the mesh to reduce the number of FE nodes.

J.
Attachments
Fit.png
Fit.png (66.43 KiB) Viewed 278 times

mortsde

Post by mortsde » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:58 am

Thanks Jirka - I just stumbled onto that previous post and will let you know if this corrects the issue. Likely a "big company" problem.

mortsde

Post by mortsde » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:23 am

Jirka,

Confirming. I was able to successfully run the solver with administrator rights.