Import/export named views

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
ReubenD

Import/export named views

Post by ReubenD » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to export named views from one model to another?

I am trying to print the exact same zoomed in view from several different models. I only know how to try to do this manually by trying to match what I see on screen from one model to the next. Is there a way to specify the print area or coordinates or something so that I can get an identical position/zoom level for images from different models?

Alternatively is there some options in print options that should allow me to do what I am trying to do? I have looked, but so far I haven't found a solution.

Thanks
Reuben

Mirek

Re: Import/export named views

Post by Mirek » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am

A "named view" contains data that is project-specific and may be completely invalid in another project (for example, if FE-meshes are not identical). However, I understand the problem and agree that it would be useful to be able to export/import the 3D matrix defining the current view. We will try to add this feature to the next version of HYDRUS.