nodal discharge solute

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
David Radcliffe

nodal discharge solute

Post by David Radcliffe » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:35 pm

I am trying to figure out how to assign a solute concentration to a nodal discharge point. The help file seems to say that it would go in cvalue3, but that does not do it. I have a constant solute concentration, I'm doing a N chain model, and the nodes represent ammonium concentrations in a septic system drainfield. Thanks for your help!

Jirka

Re: nodal discharge solute

Post by Jirka » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi David,

I’m still on my hiking trip in Patagonia and thus will answer from memory. I recall that the value cWell, i.e., the sixth value in the Boundary Conditions vector in the Reaction Parameters for Solute 1 dialog window is assigned to internal nodal sources.

Jirka

David Radcliffe

Post by David Radcliffe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Patagonia!! Last time I sent you a question you on the beach in Portugal (with your computer).

I tried cwell but that did not do the trick. I set up a really simple model to test it. Not sure if there is a way for me to send it to you (in Patagonia or wherever).

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi David,

Patagonia: One cannot study environmental sciences from the office, right? 

I attached below four simple examples with constant and variable head and flux nodal sources. They all use cWell parameter for the source concentrations. Note that this value is used for all sources. Also note that "Pulse Duration" does not apply to this (I could easily changed that as needed). I could also allow variable concentrations on the source, but I would need to recompile that.

Jirka
NodalSource.rar
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 25 times

David Radcliffe

Post by David Radcliffe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Should I change the extension from "rar" to "h3d"?

David Radcliffe

Post by David Radcliffe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:49 pm

Sorry, just figured out that "rar" is a compressed folder.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:22 pm

"rar" is a compression format (widely used), similar to "zip", but usually more efficient (and easier to get through firewalls). You need to download some free decompression software for that. J.