Drainage flux

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Atinderpal Singh

Drainage flux

Post by Atinderpal Singh » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi,
I am using HYDRUS (2D/3D) version 3.01.1360, currently working on a project having 2D-Axisymmetrical Vertical flow domain, with drip irrigation as variable flux boundary conditions. I am not able to change the values for the Var.F1 (cm/day), as I am trying to change the values for the variable flux, and trying to check the results at different variable flux values.
Whenever I tried to ‘paste’ new values in Var.F1, and click ‘Next’, those values appear to be new values, but if click ‘previous’ and check the values, then again I find ‘old values’ instead of new values.
Could you please suggest any solution for this problem?
Thanks,
Atinderpal

Jirka

Re: Drainage flux

Post by Jirka » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Atinderpal,

First of all, Happy New Year 2019.

This indeed happens, and I do not know why. Our development team in Prague will have to debug that.

In the meantime, let me suggest a quick way around it. Change not only Var.Fl1 value (to the value you want to use), but also some other value in the table of "Time Variable Boundary Conditions", e.g., Var.H1. Then click Next. You can then come back (Previous), and change the Var.H1 value back to zero.
Time-VariableBC.png
Time-VariableBC.png (57.43 KiB) Viewed 258 times

I have just tested this on the Source1 project (one of our tutorials) and it works well.

Jirka

Atinderpal Singh

Re: Drainage flux

Post by Atinderpal Singh » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Thank you Dr. Šimunek,

Your suggestion works very well. I appreciate your help to solve the problem.

Thanks again, and Best wishes for the New Year-2019.

Atinderpal