HP2 kinetics

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Idom

HP2 kinetics

Post by Idom » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello,
I'm using HP2 to simulate flow through a reactive bed with active root uptake of multiple solutes at the upper part of the bed. I'm trying to assign the kinetics block to a specific material instead of specific nodes, as I've managed to do with the exchange block, but for some reason I can only run it on the entire domain. If I try to assign the kinetics block to a specific material the calculation just doesn't run. With that, I'd like to point out that the kinetics block (with the related rates block) works fine in a 1D model.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Thanks,
Ido

diederik

Re: HP2 kinetics

Post by diederik » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Hello,

I will need to make a test case by myself to evaluate everything is implemented ok. However, we worked once with kinetics and solute uptake by roots in 2D which was working fine.

I will keep you informed on my benchmark,

Diederik

Idom

Re: HP2 kinetics

Post by Idom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:15 am

Hi Diederik,
Iv'e attached an example that includes a kinetic block designated to material 1. As before, the program doesn't calculate this file, but running it after changing the kinetic block name from 1001 to 1-300 and deleting the material designation, does.
Looking forward to your insight,
Ido
Attachments
Dual_surface_example.zip
(173.33 KiB) Downloaded 19 times