precipitation and fertigation simultanously

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
iaelr

precipitation and fertigation simultanously

Post by iaelr » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi Jirka,

I am trying to simulate precipitation from a an atmospheric boundary condition and fertigation from a variable flux condition at the same time (in different domain locations obviously).
I can't manage to have solutes going in with the VarF condition without being also added with the precipitation water.
I've tried with the VarF1, 2, 3 and 4 and their combinations with cVal2 and 3 with no success.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
Thank you,
iael

iaelr

Re: precipitation and fertigation simultanously

Post by iaelr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi,

I am attaching an example to the problem I presented in the comment before.

I tried with one of the Drip examples in the PD Progress website and the following boundary conditions work fine:
- atmospheric boundary condition: precipitation during 5 days.
- irrigation from a VarFlux1 BC every other day with its concentration defines in cValue2.

If I do this in my example (attached), there is no solutes coming in with the VarFlux1 water.
If I move the defined concentration to cValue1, there are solutes in both VarF water and precipitation.

As far as I see, all the definitions in my example and in the example from the website are the same. I will appreciate some help. I am using a standard version Hydrus 2D 2.05.

Thank you for your help,
iael
Attachments
Tomato_VBCtest.zip
(410.42 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Jirka

Re: precipitation and fertigation simultanously

Post by Jirka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:25 am

You do not have to only specify cValue1, cValue2, and cValue3, but you also have to tell the code to apply them to particular boundary nodes. When you give the boundary concentration as cValue2, you need to be assigned the following BC to selected nodes (dripper):
The attachment ConcentrationsBC.png is no longer available
Then you get nice results like these:
Concentrations.png
Concentrations.png (158.65 KiB) Viewed 281 times
J.
Tomato_VBCtest.rar
(211.82 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Attachments
ConcentrationsBC.png
ConcentrationsBC.png (21.35 KiB) Viewed 281 times