Final condition not Matching with Field reading

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
fsahmed119@gmail.com

Final condition not Matching with Field reading

Post by fsahmed119@gmail.com » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello,

I am trying to back calculate the field saturated hydraulic conductivity from the actual field rainfall data and the field SWCC. I have also initialized the 70cm soil column based on the data obtained. However, the field data provides readings at 30 cm and 70 cm and I have assumed a linear interpolation of initial condition on the top based on the two given located readings. After the given rainfall, I have approximately matched the reading at 70 cm but I am unable to match at 30 cm depth. I have attached the JPEG image with this topic
Final condition.jpg
Final condition.jpg (48.82 KiB) Viewed 547 times
. The red dot is where I require my reading to be at that depth. I have also given the log file for this test. The parameters that I can optimize is the residual volumetric water content and the Ks. My top condition is atmospheric B/C with runoff and bottom is free drainage. My guess is that I need to give a ponding effect on the top surface instead of runoff but I am not sure. Can you please help me out.

Thank you,

Faisal
Attachments
Test.zip
(131.62 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Log file.zip
(529 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times