Irrigation with 3 solutes

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
iaelr

Irrigation with 3 solutes

Post by iaelr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi Jirka,

I am trying to simulate a nitrification chain, similarly as in Hanson et al., 2006. Irrigation water with urea, ammonium and nitrate is applied through a variable flux BC.
I defined 3 solutes (Urea, ammonium and nitrate) and the nitrification chain seems to be working fine BUT only solute number 1(Urea in this case, but it doesn't matter) is going though the boundary condition variable flux-1. The concentrations of the irrigation water going through the BC are defined in the Time Variable BC table as cVal1-1, cVal2-1 and cVal3-1. When I look at the results, only solute1 was applied to the profile.
How can I define so that multiple solutes can enter the profile with each water application?

Thank you,
iael

Jirka

Re: Irrigation with 3 solutes

Post by Jirka » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that all three solutes can be applied to the atmospheric BC. See the attached project. J.
Attachments
iaelr-Test.rar
(82.88 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

iaelr

Post by iaelr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:11 pm

hi,

Yes, it works with the atm. BC but I want to apply it through a variable flux so that I can have atmospheric boundary condition at the soil surface and the irrigation though sub-surface drip irrigation.
Is it possible?

Thank you,
iael

iaelr

Post by iaelr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 pm

it's working with the VarFlux-2 boundary condition.

Thanks!
iael