Fracture / Matrix flow

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Kathrine

Fracture / Matrix flow

Post by Kathrine » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:42 am

Hallo everyone,

i am trying to simulate the drainage discharge in a small tile drainage field and i am using dual-permeability model.

I want to check the division between matrix flow and macropore flow and I have seen that you can check the files v_meanF and v_Mean. I was thinking a way to make it, but I dont know if it is the most right way.

vSeep - vMeanF(2)= vmeanMatrix

where vSeep is the "Total value of the boundary flux across a potential seepage face" in v_Mean file

vmeanF(2) is the Water flux in fractures across the seepage face boundary in v_meanF file

Thank you

Jirka

Re: Fracture / Matrix flow

Post by Jirka » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Correct. The values written into the v_mean.out file are indeed for the entire system (i.e., combined for both matrix and fracture domains; already converted into the global scale), while the values written into the v_mainF.out are for the Fracture domain (also converted to the global scale). J.