Incorrect Definition of Surface

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
yjin

Incorrect Definition of Surface

Post by yjin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello,

I am working on generating FE mesh for my model. I received a error notification shows below telling I have an incorrect definition of a surface. I have no idea what it means and how to solve it.

Thank you,
Yufan
Attachments
ERROR.JPG
ERROR.JPG (20.14 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Model.zip
(124.99 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Mirek

Re: Incorrect Definition of Surface

Post by Mirek » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:43 am

Hi Yufan,

this is not a simple problem - see my comments in attached Yufan_01.pdf. Even if you fix surface #23 (see also the attached fixed project Yufan_02.zip), there are more topological problems that must be fixed. The domain is really complex and you must have spent a lot of time with it. I believe that we could create some new tools/methods for domains like this one in the new version of HYDRUS (version 3.01 - https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default.aspx?h3d-ver3). It would help us, if we had more information about your original input data, i.e. the format of your topological data + information about material distribution (geo-layers). If you decide to send us this information, please send it to support@pc-progress.com.

Mirek
Attachments
Yufan_02.zip
(87.45 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Yufan_01.pdf
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 24 times