HYDRUS 2D/3D _ New Version Plant location 3D

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Emil

HYDRUS 2D/3D _ New Version Plant location 3D

Post by Emil » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:55 am

Dear Prof. Jirka

Currently I am using the latest version of HYDRUS 3D. My domain size is 30 x 70 x 50 cm in x; y; z directions respectively.
From the previous posts and the manual I understood that in this version the user can set the plant location in x direction.
So the question is that in my simulations I am using one plant which should be located in the center of the domain (x=16cm, y=35cm).
How I can set the plant and root distribution (I am able to set the root distribution in the center but anyway after the simulation the results of the root water uptake are shifted to the starting point of the plant) exactly in a center of the domain?
Will it be updated in a near future?

Regards

Tnanks in advance

Emil

Jirka

Re: HYDRUS 2D/3D _ New Version Plant location 3D

Post by Jirka » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 am

Hi Emil,

I’m currently traveling in Japan (September 6-29) and do not have tools (on my notebook) to look into this problem. However, in this latest version of HYDRUS (Version 3.x), one could select only the x locations of plant centers, and not their y locations (y was assumed to be zero). I plan to update the module (sometime in October) so that users can select both x and y locations of plant centers.

J.

Emil

Post by Emil » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Dear Prof. Jirka

Thanks for your answer. That's a very good news that the module will be updated. I will wait for it cause for my project it is very important to be able to select also Y location of the plant.

Regards

Emil

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 pm

OK. I will let you know when it is done. J.