multiple intersection

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
saikiran

multiple intersection

Post by saikiran » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:32 am

I am dealing with TUTORIALS 5.15 . I can't create air vents is there any solution

Mirek

Re: multiple intersection

Post by Mirek » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 am

I just tested tutorial 5.15 (which can be downloaded at https://www.pc-progress.com/en/Default. ... d2-tut-515) in the latest version of HYDRUS 2.05 and everything worked correctly. I do not know what kind of domain you want to create but the problem probably is in incorrectly defined topology. You can send your project to support@pc-progress.com and we will look at it. However, please note that the work on particular customer's projects is not part of the standard customer support, so we cannot spend too much time with it.
Mirek

Mirek

Post by Mirek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Error No. 46 is a general error when generating FE-mesh. We cannot help you without having your project.

Mirek

Post by Mirek » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm

I received your project. Some lines (circles in the top and bottom surface - see the attached screenshot) were not detected as "internal curves". The automatic detection may fail for "generated lines", which is this case, since these circles/curves are generated by vertical pipes. We will look at this problem and try to fix it but please note that HYDRUS is not able to detect all topological imperfections before generating a FE-mesh. Some errors (overlaps, collisions, etc.) can only be detected during generation of FE-mesh. If the mesh generation fails, it usually means that there are some errors in the topology.

In your case, there are two solutions:
1/ Use "Quad" surfaces instead of "Pipes" - like it is in tutorial 5.15
2/ Extrude existing pipes out of the cylinder a little bit, which will create intersection lines with the top and bottom surface. Remove then unwanted surfaces using the "Deactivate partial surface" function. This correction was been used in the project I just sent you.
M.

[img]Eror.jpg[/img]
Attachments
Eror.jpg
Eror.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 2986 times