Boundary conditions options

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Liberto

Boundary conditions options

Post by Liberto » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Hellos Jirka:

1- I would like to know if there is a possibility of automatically converting between seepage face and atmosferic condition simultaneously with Variable pressure head and seepage face in Hydrus-2D v2.04.068
In my model, the stream experiences a flood pulse that surpasses the nodes of seepage face and enters the zone of nodes set by the atmospheric condition.

2- No flow condition in the bottom of the model would be saying that is completely waterproof?
3. For 2D solute transport, is there any way to enter the initial condition of concetration in a smoothed way? I tried to run the model in steady state to achieve a concentration plane but because the speeds are low, the concetration does not change much and the visualization is not very good.

Jirka

Re: Boundary conditions options

Post by Jirka » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm

1. No. You can have only one of these (not simultaneously) six dynamic BCs.
BC_Options.png
BC_Options.png (46.74 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
2. Not waterproof, but impervious.
3. You can import values at scattered points (see File->Import->Import Quantity defined by values at Scattered Points) and Hydrus will then interpolate between these values.
J.

Liberto

Post by Liberto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am

many thanks

Liberto

Post by Liberto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Hello Jirka...
I am attaching the result of the velocity vectors of my model. I need to understand why HYDRUS shows that speeds distribution, with patches with almost zero speed ...
Do I need to refine the mesh of finite elements? Anyway already probe take from 7400 nodes to 15000 nodes and still giving the same result.

Liberto

Post by Liberto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello Jirka...
I am attaching the result of the velocity vectors of my model. I need to understand why HYDRUS shows that speeds distribution, with patches with almost zero speed ...
Do I need to refine the mesh of finite elements? Anyway already probe take from 7400 nodes to 15000 nodes and still giving the same result.
Attachments
velocity vectors.jpg
velocity vectors.jpg (53.56 KiB) Viewed 3755 times

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 am

I would assume that your domain is not homogeneous and that you have regions with different soil hydraulic properties, such as conductivities. J.