One specific solute spicies balance error

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
mGohar

One specific solute spicies balance error

Post by mGohar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi,

I am simulating water, ammonium, nitrate, and phosphorus transport in a container with drip irrigation while there is evapotranspiration and root uptake and the soil is coarse. The mesh size for the top boundary where there is evaporation is 0.5 cm and there is no root uptake at this layer. Here is the problem: the concentration balance ratio for water, ammonium and phosphorus are all less than %1 but for nitrate after a while (some hours of simulation) it starts jumping dramatically to really high values (nitrate has the largest concentration in irrigation water than the other two and there is no nitrification or denitrification considered). I was wondering what might be the cause of this strange behavior?

Thanks,
Mohammad

Jirka

Re: One specific solute spicies balance error

Post by Jirka » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:38 am

I would need to see the project to be able to comment. J

mGohar

Post by mGohar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Jirka,

I have posted the project file to you in pm. Could you please then take a look at that?

Thanks,
Mohammad

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:22 am

Have you seriously posted a 430Mb zip file? That will take me some time to look at. J.

mGohar

Post by mGohar » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Jirka wrote:Have you seriously posted a 430Mb zip file? That will take me some time to look at. J.
Why not? It took only less than a minute ;)

Thanks Jirka

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:15 pm

You can obviously post files of any size you want. There is, however, virtually no chance that I will look at the project this big for free (our services in this discussion forum) and unless you pay my standard consulting fee. Jirka