inverse estimation initalization problem

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
rimpin

inverse estimation initalization problem

Post by rimpin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:54 pm

I am doing a 2D inverse solution model - rectangular mesh and dimensions (HYDRUS 2D/3D version 1.9). After all the data input and setup is complete and I execute the model, the DOS window flashes up then closes. The error message is:

"Vertical plane flow, V = L*L
reading nodal information
reading element information
reading geometric information
run-time error F6414 : OPEN(E:\H3D_inverse_LC - access not allowed"

I checked and doubled check that I had write access on the drive where the model was stored. I can execute other models from the directory so I know it's not a read/write access issue.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? It is a problem with way I setup my geometric information?

Thanks for any suggestions,

David Hansen

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Can you run existing HYDRUS projects? J.

rimpin

Post by rimpin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jirka</i>

Can you run existing HYDRUS projects? J.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes I can. If I omit the inverse data and provide the model with generic soil property values it will run.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 pm

There are also three HYDRUS project with inverse problem (Disc, Crust, and Cone). If you can run those as well, then there is a problem with your input (common problem is that users specify measurement for initial time, which can not be done). You may have some division by zero, which can cause FORTRAN codes to behave strangly and issue warning unrelated to the problem.

Jirka

rimpin

Post by rimpin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks, I will check it out tomorrow as I am not able to access the program now.

rimpin

Post by rimpin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 am

I tried Disc, Crust, and Cone projects, but none of them worked either. I tried saving them in different directories and on different drives, but I still couldn't get it to run.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:08 am

I have indeed found an error in the format of one of the output prints. We will have to update the installation program. Before it is done, can you send me your email address (I do not see it here) so that I can send you updated file? Sorry for that. Jirka

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Updated installation program is already online. J.