Inverse Solution Output Files

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Vestromberg

Inverse Solution Output Files

Post by Vestromberg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:49 pm

Hi all,

I am using Hydrus 2D to model riparian zone fluxes of a small intermittent stream. My model is a vertical cross section extending ~6m on either side of the stream. A couple of questions:

1) When assigning root distribution parameters to my model the vertical distribution is relative to z = 0, not my models surface. This creates an accurate root distribution when the surface is near z = 0, but is skewed when the surface slopes away from z = 0. My solution has been to use the graphical editor and select nodes individually, (my surface gradient isn't uniform, so applying a slope to the root distribution doesn't work so well), but I was hoping there was a way to set root distribution parameters to be relative to the models surface?

2) When preforming an inverse solution for Van G parameters, I would like to run nash sutcliffe efficiencies on all model iterations, not just the final solution. Is there an output file for the simulated values from every parameter estimation?

Thanks in advance,
Vik

Jirka

Re: Inverse Solution Output Files

Post by Jirka » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm

My answers will disappoint you. It is no on both counts.

With respect to root water uptake, I have not figured out how to do that given that one can have rather complex geometries. I admit that it should be possible to at least relate everything to some specified z-coordinate rather than zero by default. I will think of implementing it into the next version.

With respect to inverse solution, you would need to do that step by step, i.e., limiting the number of inverse iterations.

J.

Vestromberg

Re: Inverse Solution Output Files

Post by Vestromberg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:00 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply, and I'll be looking forward to the next version!

Vik