A_Level.out

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Noemie

A_Level.out

Post by Noemie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi all !

I'm using Hydrus 2.05 and I want a make sure that I understand the output file A_Level.out and the description that is in the technical Manual
I'm assuming that :
- QAP, the potantial flux, rain - evaporation potential which is, for me, like what Hydrus plans to make it "raining" (and evaporate of course) but it's not the final flux
- the QA, the actual flux (rain - evaporation actual), is what the nodes really received of rainfall and evaporation (which is removed from the system).

Am I right to assuming that ?

I ask because I've got very different QAP and QA and it make me uneasy because QA in my file is very low compare to the rain I entered. Maybe the difference is some calculations errors, if yes, is there a way to reduce the errors ?

Thanks for your help,
Noémie

Jirka

Re: A_Level.out

Post by Jirka » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:44 pm

The output file A_Level.out is described in detail in the technical manual (Table 11.7, page 215). J.

Noemie

Post by Noemie » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:13 am

Hello J.,
I know, rest assure, I has look into it before ask. I ask the question because I'm not sure of what you mean by actual and potential flux.
Why do we have the both flux in the file ? Is Hydrus use both of them ? Or the actual flux is the only one use in the simulation ?

I'm sorry if the answers are obvious, the english is not my natal language so I want to make sure that I understand well.
Noémie

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:24 pm

There are two other chapters in the manuscript that describe how atmospheric BC is handled.
2.7.2.1. Atmospheric Boundary Conditions
5.3.6. Atmospheric Boundary Conditions and Seepage Faces
The former chapter explains differences between potential and actual fluxes. The potential flux is used as a BC and the actual flux is the results of calculations (taking into account the system response).
J.