solute transport result

A discussion forum for users of the new HYDRUS 2D/3D. HYDRUS is a software package for simulating water, heat and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media. Happy Posting!
Ali_pahlevani

solute transport result

Post by Ali_pahlevani » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 am

hello
I have a problem in simulating the solute transport in the HYDRUS-2D model. By entering the Cvalue1 in time variable boundary conditions window, it seems the model doesn't recognize the fertilizer input. On the other hand when the summation of evaporation and transpiration are entered in the evaporation column it seems the model works.
could you please please help me to tackle this problem?
thanks

Jirka

Re: solute transport result

Post by Jirka » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:41 pm

See the help or manual: Note that cValue1 should be used preferably only for the atmospheric boundary, because the concentration value is adjusted based on values of precipitation (Prec) and evaporation (Evap) as follows: cVal1=Precip/(Precip-Evap)*cVal1. The cVal1 is adjusted to be zero when Evap > Precip. Similar adjustments are not done for cVal2, and other concentration values. J.

Ali_pahlevani

Post by Ali_pahlevani » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 am

when the evaporation values are entered the model doesn't recognize the solute input. By setting the evaporation values as zero, it seems that it doesn't simulate the solute transportation at all.

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:03 pm

I have no more comments on this topic. J.