Error reading Data and getting output

A discussion forum for old Hydrus-2D & Meshgen. Happy Posting!
Download PDF document with all topics (February 8, 2008, 1.9MB):
http://www.pc-progress.com//Downloads/F ... on_H2D.pdf
cheyfs

Error reading Data and getting output

Post by cheyfs » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:46 am

Hello,

I am trying to simulate horizontal flow in a saturated aquifer system. The top and bottom boundaries are no flux, the left hand side is a constant flux (pumping well discharge rate of 73 cfm) and the right hand side boundary is free drainage. I am assuming a constant hydraulic head throughout the domain. I have 7 fixed points in the geometry/mesh (using specific coordinate distances similar to the field site) to represent the observation wells. I am trying to plot the hydraulic head vs. time at the observation wells while the left hand boundary is being pumped (pumping well). However, I run hydrus 2D and am not able to get any output. Is there and issue in my mesh or boundary conditions? How do I input specific pressure head data onto the nodes at the observation wells?

Thanks

Jirka

Re: Error reading Data and getting output

Post by Jirka » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:40 pm

There cannot be free drainage boundary conditions at sides, that makes no physical sense. The free drainage BC typically represents vertical gravitation flow at the bottom of the soil profile. J.

cheyfs

Post by cheyfs » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:43 pm

Thank you for your last reply. I changed the RHS boundary to be a constant pressure. However, I am still getting error with displaying an output at the observation nodes. Any other reasons this may be?

Thanks

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:01 pm

I do not know and I do not think that I can help you with that. I do not have this old version of HYDRUS installed any longer on my computer. This version of HYDRUS-2D was replaced already some 15 years ago by HYDRUS (2D/3D). J.