salt stress model and coefficient

A discussion forum for old Hydrus-2D & Meshgen. Happy Posting!
Download PDF document with all topics (February 8, 2008, 1.9MB):
http://www.pc-progress.com//Downloads/F ... on_H2D.pdf
sct123

salt stress model and coefficient

Post by sct123 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:38 am

Dear HYDRUS developers and users
The crop I in my simulation is cotton, and the initial condition for solute distribution that I use the ECsw (electrical conductivity of soil solute), The threshold default value and slop in HYDRUS-1D is 15.4dS/m and 2.6, while in HYDRUS-2D they are 7.7dS/m and 5.2, respectively. I tried both the value and found there indeed has a difference , Anyone who can explain for this,Thanks in advance! Another problem is the coefficient, should I changed this or leave it with the default value? Many thanks

I may got the idea, I should make the threshold correspond to my initial simulation with the same unit and same format, for example, if I use ECsw in my simulation, I should input the threshold value with a correspond value of ECsw, and for the osmotic coefficient, I can choose 3.8106 (hf = -3.8106 ECw+0.5072, in HYDRUS-1D help) for additive model and choose for one for the multiplicative model. I am not sure if it is right, please give me a confirmation, Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Sun

Jirka

Re: salt stress model and coefficient

Post by Jirka » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:55 am

See the help of HYDRUS-1D, where I explain how we convert the threshold and slope values of the stress response function. We do that in both HYDRUS-1D and HYDRUS (2D/3D) in the same way. We were not doing this conversion in the old HYDRUS-2D, which is not being updated for the last ten years. J.