Disc software

A discussion forum for old Hydrus-2D & Meshgen. Happy Posting!
Download PDF document with all topics (February 8, 2008, 1.9MB):
http://www.pc-progress.com//Downloads/F ... on_H2D.pdf
rudi

Disc software

Post by rudi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 am

Dear Simunek

I am sorry to use this forum for asking about the disc software. I used the Disc software to estimate hydraulic properties from the disc infiltrometer. I look about radius and depth size of soil domain that implemented in the Disc, however i did not find. Could you inform me about the size? Thank you very much for your attention.

Rudi

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Rudi,

The assumption is that the Dist Infiltrometer is placed at the soil surface. If you need any other placement, then you would need to use the HYDRUS code, where you can define the geometry. The idea behind Disc was to make it as simple as possible and therefore the geometry is predefined.

The <b>Disk Radius </b> is the first input the software ask you for. It is in the left top corner of the "<b>Type of Problem</b>" window.

Jirka

rudi

Post by rudi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Dear Simunek

Thank you for your answer. Yes i find the disc radius in that window. In that window, we also can select three options of type of finite element mesh (number of elements): 1) very fine, 2) fine and 3)course mesh. I think my question is related with these parts, the dimensional geometry of soil domain that covered by element mesh. I think the radius and depth of geometry of soil domain is generated automatically within the Disc program, so we do not know it. how about those radius and depth of geometry of soil domain? are there any formulation relationship between the size of geometry of soil domain and the disc radius?

Rudi

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Rudi,

When I was writing the software, I defined a single geometry, and discretized it using three different meshes (Very fine, fine, and course). The size of the disc was one unit. When you define your disc radius, the entire domained is scaled according to this value. Thus the entire domain will be larger for larger discs and smaller for smaller discs. I do not recall the actual size of the domain, it is perhaps listed somewhere in the manual or help.

J.