Time stepping schemes for moisture transport

A discussion forum for old Hydrus-2D & Meshgen. Happy Posting!
Download PDF document with all topics (February 8, 2008, 1.9MB):
http://www.pc-progress.com//Downloads/F ... on_H2D.pdf
D.R.Sena

Time stepping schemes for moisture transport

Post by D.R.Sena » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:07 pm

Respected Sir,

I have few questions related moisture transport studies under a point source emitter. While simulating a system from t=0 to t=first time step the initial conditions were assumed constant over the whole domain. That lead to a solution domain inconsistent to the physical theory i.e. the trend of moisture distribution is not according to the desired trend and the same trend just get carried over the successive time step. Now I have a doubt .. While assuming a initial condition, the physical parameters for the next time step were assumed for half time-step. Which itself is constant over the whole domain thus not conforming to the desird trend. Should I use an assumed trend for the half time-step to ascertain the parameters to be used for the next timestep or any thing else. I have tried hard with that option, but failed.

It would be so kind of you if u can suggest me the way I can come over this problem. For your information I am a Ph.D. Scholar at Dept. of Agril & Food Engg. I.I.T., Kharagpur and working on FE modeling under a point source emitter. I am trying to write my source code in C language and a significant time ahead of my Ph.D.

Anticipating your kind help in this regard.

With best of my regards.

D.R.Sena Ph.D. Scholar Dept. of Agril. & Food Engg. I.I.T., Kharagpur - 721 302 (West Bengal) INDIA e-mail: drsena@agfe.iitkgp.ernet.in