Import initial conditions

A discussion forum for old Hydrus-2D & Meshgen. Happy Posting!
Download PDF document with all topics (February 8, 2008, 1.9MB):
http://www.pc-progress.com//Downloads/F ... on_H2D.pdf
Preecha

Post by Preecha » Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:27 pm

Dear HYYDRUS users,

I am simulating a two-stage borehole test for field hydraulic conductivity.
I used general geometry for my probelm domain. I want to use water content profile from stage 1 for my initial conditions in stage 2. However, problem domian needs to be modified for greater depth of the borehole in stage 2. I could not import the water content profile from stage 1. Is there a way to do so?

Kind regards,

Preecha

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:38 pm

Preecha,

I'm afraid there is not a simple way to do that. HYDRUS-2D has an option to import results from previous runs and use that as initial condition (pressure heads, water contents, temperatures, and/or concentrations) for subsequent simulation. But this option is only for the identical finite element mesh and transport domain.

More complicated option that would allow you to do that for different FE meshes is that you first import results for the original mesh, then modify the domain and mesh, and let hydrus interpolate the results. Interpolation will be done only for the original transport domain, and you will have to supply initial condition for the rest of the domain manualy.

Jirka

Babak Dialameh

Post by Babak Dialameh » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:58 am

Dear HYYDRUS users,

I am simulating a two-stage furrow irrigation for determining the lateral infiltration.
I used general geometry for my probelm domain. I want to use water content profile from stage 1 for my initial conditions in stage 2. However, problem domian needs to be modified for greater depth of the furrow in stage 2. I could not import the water content profile from stage 1. Is there a way to do so?

Kind regards,

Babak

Babak Dialameh

Re: Import initial conditions

Post by Babak Dialameh » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:14 am

Dear HYYDRUS users,

I am simulating a two-stage furrow irrigation for determining the lateral infiltration.
I used general geometry for my probelm domain. I want to use water content profile from stage 1 for my initial conditions in stage 2. I could not import the water content profile from stage 1. Is there a way to do so?

Kind regards,

Babak

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Only pressure heads can be imported from other HYDRUS project as an initial condition. Note that pressure heads and water contents provide HYDRUS with the same (identical) information, since they are linked by retention curve. J.

Babak Dialameh

Post by Babak Dialameh » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:16 pm

Dear jirka . . .
I appreciate your response, could you please guide me how can i do this?
What i mean is that how can i define the outputs of a project as an inputs for the other?
Should the text file format used?
Best regards.
Babak

Jirka

Post by Jirka » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:44 pm

The old version of HYDRUS-2D does not have the import function. That was implemented only into HYDRUS (2D/3D) (Version 1). Thus you will likely either have to upgrade your software or somehow work with the text files (h.txt and Domain.dat) to transform the output to input. J.